SOCIAL MEDIA

9.24.2018

What I Have Been Listening To: September 2018


Hello Everyone!

Can you believe that it's already the end of September?! Where is this year going?! I have a feeling I will say this every month but seriously this year is flying by!

September has been a month of finding a few new favorite songs, while still listening to some classics. I have also been listening to a lot of remix's which you will see..





Just a refresher, I listen to pretty much anything except for heavy metal or what I like to call "screamo" music. Other than that, I am open to everything else.

If you want to see what my favorite songs where from August click here


Here are my top 10 songs for this month:

10. Whenever (feat. Connor Maynard) by Kris Kross Amsterdam

This song is a cover for Shakira's Wherever Whenever but with more of a pop twist. Its a great song to dance to and reminds me something you'd hear during the summer months. 

9. Eastside (w/ Halsey & Khalid) by benny blanco

I have never heard of benny blanco but apparently he has worked with major stars like Rihanna, Maroon 5, and Kesha. I enjoy Khalid's cool vibe with his music and Halsey has such a distinct voice that I really enjoy. This song is about taking a risk on love and running away together.

8. Chainsaw by Nick Jonas

Is anyone else low key sad that Nick Jonas is getting married? He was always my favorite Jonas brother! I recently just discovered this song and although the lyrics are a little sad where it's about trying to get over a breakup. But I love the chill and dramatic beat it has.

7. Side Effects (feat. Emily Warren) by The Chainsmokers

If you enjoy of the Chainsmoker's music and you haven't heard this song yet, give it a listen. I really like the chorus and the beat. It's a good song to listen to if you're warming up during a workout or if you're just walking around.

6. Rise - TV Noise Ibiza Mix by Jonas Blue

Jonas Blue has become one of my favorite artists, for remixes. This is another great song to listen to during a workout. It has an upbeat vibe and it's about how coming and rising together. It's also fun to drive to.

5. Space for Two by Mr. Probz

Not to make my relationship sound bad but my boyfriend Mark drives me crazy sometimes and really pushes me to my limit but I wouldn't want to have it any other way. This song reminds me of us since even though we drive each other nuts, we still have each other at the end of the day and that's whats important. Granted this couple in the song is a little crazy where they are changing locks and breaking dishes. I mean if we fight, its about something stupid, like not loading the dishwasher correctly haha. But I do love this song since it just shows that no relationship is perfect and no matter what happens, if you love each other then its worth it.

4. Say It - Illenium Remix by Flume

This might be one of my favorite remixes. They don't overwork the song too much and the beat is straight fire. (Do people still say that?) But seriously, I already enjoyed this song originally and love it even more with this remix. If you enjoy remixes, you gotta listen to this.

3. Forever by Eric Hutchinson

This song isn't new but I always love listening to it when it comes up on my playlist. I have been listening to Eric Hutchinson since high school and have always enjoyed his music. This song has a great uplifting beat during the chorus that makes you wanna dance.

2. I Like It - Dillion Francis Remix by Cardi B

True fact, I can rap this whole song (except for the spanish part). I told you I have been listening to a lot of remixes this month! If you like the original, then this song is a fun remix. During the Spanish verse where J. Balvin is singing, there is a beat that speeds up and makes you want to dance. Also another great song to listen to at the gym!

1. Happy Now by Zedd

Zedd is one of my favorite artists and this song has become one of my all time favorites by him. This song also has a "summer like" vibe to it during the chorus. This song is happy and sad at the same time since the lyrics are about a break up and asking if someone is happier without them. Give it a listen. I recommend it. 

What music are you guys loving lately? Have you guys listened to some of my favorites? What do you think of them? Let me know!

If you want to see more music I am loving, make sure to follow me on Spotify! I am always listening to new and different things!

I'll talk to you guys soon!

XO

-V

Post a Comment