SOCIAL MEDIA

8.16.2018

What Have I Been Listening To: August 2018






Oh hello again! It's been almost a YEAR since I came and posted something. Sorry for the lack of posts! I never knew running a blog would be a lot of work but I miss it.

Sometimes during the crazy week of 9-5's its nice to sit down and just talk about what brings us happiness. So I thought I would share what music I have been listening to lately!





If you don't already, follow me on Spotify since that is where I listen to the majority of my music!

I know I said this in my last post but to refresh you all, I will pretty much listen to anything! Except "screamo" and heavy metal.

Here are my current top ten songs for August 2018:

10. Audio with Labrinth Sia and Diplo by Sia

This song is great to listen to when you're just chilling. The beat is a little slower but the drops and techno vibe is a great twist. I have heard this song in remixes too which is fun.

9. Tequila by Dan +Shay

When you drink any alcoholic beverage, does it bring anyone to mind? For me personally, when I taste Rolling Rock it reminds me of the nights I spent taking care of my boyfriend Mark when he got drunk during his Frat days. So not the greatest memories like Tequila does to Dan and Shay but I still love the song. Even if you're not a country fan, give this song a try if you love sappy sad love songs. 

8. Nevermind by Dennis Lloyd

I have never heard of Dennis Lloyd before but after this song, I am excited to see whats next because this song is addicting. The beat and the chorus make me want to start strutting down the street. 

7. Jackie Chan- Tiesto

Is "Jackie Channing" the new netflix and chill where your girl says shes too young and don't want no man then she calls her friends and you order sushi from Japan? I'm confused haha but I love the beat of this song. I have been guilty of rolling down the windows and jamming to this song full blast. Tiesto always knows how to create a good beat that you'll wanna dance to. I don't follow Post Malone that much but I like a few of his songs but his performance in this song is great. 

6. Body by Loud Luxury

This song is the type of song you play at a summer party. It has a "poppy" vibe  and talks about hooking up late at night and taking away someone's innocence. Perfect for those late night college hookups! 

5. Simple by Florida Georgia Line

I got another country favorite! I tend to listen to more country during the summer months for some reason. Anyone else feel the same way? Florida Georgia Line is one of my favorite country artists and I love how simple this song actually is. Just reminding us that we shouldn't over complicate things keep things easy...and you guessed it, simple. 

4. Hurt Somebody- Noah Kahan and Julia Michael

I love the acoustic and simplicity of this song. Although the meaning of this song is sad talking about being in pain from hurting someone, but a great listen especially if you are struggling with a current relationship or issue.

3. New Light by John Mayer

Don't be surprised if you see John Mayor in these lists every month. He is probably my favorite solo artist. I have been listening to him for over 10 years.. (god that makes me sound old haha) I will admit his recent albums haven't been as good as his stuff from early 2000's but this song is redemption. Also, if you haven't seen the music video to this, you have to its amazing haha!

2. Walking the Wire by Imagine Dragons

So I saw Imagine Dragons in concert back in mid July and I loved it! They sounded amazing! (Fun Fact: My mom LOVES Imagine Dragons and while they were performing, she did not sit down once. She said you don't sit for Imagine Dragons, you dance!) They played this song live and I didn't know it at the time but now listening to it, I am hooked. It's about the chance you take when you fall in love with someone. 

1. Burn the House Down by AJR

This song will literally burn the house down because it is a bop. There is a trumpet moment in this song where it just makes you wanna dance. AJR is known for taking sounds and beats from anything and transforming it into a whole new sound and feeling. During the Imagine Dragons show, AJR was one of the openers and while they played this song, everyone was on their feet dancing and singing along. It felt like a huge party. 

Those are my picks for the month of August! Let me know if you love any of these songs and let me know what are some of your favorites from this summer!

Talk to you all soon! I promise to make it more of a priority to post on here!

XO

-V



















Post a Comment