SOCIAL MEDIA

5.04.2013

Dior Creme De Rose vs Smith's Rosebud Salve!


Left: Dior Right: Rosebud Salve

Ding Ding Ding! Welcome Folks to the Battle between Christian Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm VS Smith's Rosebud Salve!

I know you must be thinking...seriously Vickie? But I have wanted to do a post about these two products because they are both amazing and they are both similar!






What are the similarities and differences?

Similarities: 
- They both are advertised as lip balm to make your lips moisturized and soft.
- They have the same rosy smell. It makes me think of having tea in a rose garden. Very springy and fresh.





Back of Creme De Rose

Differences:
Dior:
-The Creme De Rose has a creamy feel that blends really nicely into the lips.
- It has SPF of 10 which is nice since the summer is coming up!
- The color is a pale baby pink but really doesn't leave any pigmentation on the lips.
- Its $27






Back of Rosebud Salve

Rosebud Salve:
- Has a more gel like texture.
- Can be used for much more than just chapped lips (as you can see in the picture above)
- Has more of a deep pink color
- It is $6


I really love both of these products because they make my lips feel super soft and moisturized. I do appreciate that the Rosebud Salve can be used for many other reasons as well but I use it mostly for my dry lips. I have tried it on my cuticles and I really liked how it didn't leave my fingers greasy.

I do appreciate using the Dior Creme De Rose because its that little luxury item I have right before I go to bed and it makes me feel fancy! :)

Out of the two I would say if you want something that's a good bang for your buck, Rosebud Salve is the way to go!

But if you are willing to splurge a little more then Dior is calling!

You can get these products both at Sephora!

Rosebud Salve: http://www.sephora.com/rosebud-salve-P42204?skuId=683490

Dior Creme De Rose: http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=Dior%20Creme%20de%20Rose&skuId=1223338&productId=P254222&_requestid=146643

Overall Grade for both: A+

Hope you enjoyed the post!

XO

V


-

Post a Comment