SOCIAL MEDIA

8.17.2017

What Have I Been Listening To: August 2017


Hello Everyone! It has been too long since I have come on here and talked to you! I've missed blogging because there have been so many updates that I need to fill you in on!




I thought a great way to come back would be to share with you all my current favorite tunes! Music has always been a passion of mine. Growing up, I was always the more musically gifted child. Where my sister was more of an athlete.

I played the piano, clarinet, flute, and violin, and if you want to include the recorder. (Hot Cross Buns really was a classic!)  :)

I stream and listen to all my music through Spotify.

I have come across so many new artists and songs through Spotify! I have curated a few playlists of my own while following others.

I am pretty open to all types of music! The only type I really don't follow is "screamo" and heavy metal. Other than that, I pretty much listen to anything!



So here are my top ten current favorites for August 2017:


10. "Strip That Down" by Liam Payne

Although not being a big 1D fan, I really love the beat of this song. This one will be a good one at the club. 

9. "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons

Imagine Dragons keep making hits in my book! This song is super catchy and I love the chorus when they say "Thunda!" 

8. "Attention" by Charlie Puth

This is was a song I really didn't get into at first since it started a little slow but once the chorus hits, I was kicking myself for not listening all the way through sooner! 

7. "Hung Up" by Tritonal

I have never heard of Tritonal before Spotify recommended it to me. This song has a "dance pop" vibe to it. I love driving to it! 

6. "First Time" by Kygo featuring Ellie Goulding

Kygo has quickly become one of my artists of 2017. I love his take on remixes and the beats he creates. I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. Although I wasn't as wild as these kids in the song, but it does bring me back to when I was a teenager in the early parts of relationship with my current boyfriend. 

5. "Malibu" by Miley Cyrus

Miley is back! I love the feeling of happiness when I listen to it. This is a great song to listen to in the summer with the windows rolled down and blasting the speakers! Just from listening to the song, I can feel Miley being genuinely happy and content with where she is in her life. 

4. "Changing" by John Mayer

How isn't this song talked about more?! John Mayer is one of my all time favorites. Seeing him in concert is definitely on my bucket list. If you haven't listened to this, DO IT.
  
3. "Love" by Lana Del Rey

Such a powerful and beautiful song from Lana. Although I do enjoy the sound, listening the to lyrics really hit home for me. Every song of hers is filled with passion. She truly is an artist. 

2. "Mi Gente" by J Balvin

"Despacito" has a run for their money! I love Spanish music. It's the beat that always gets me going. I may not know what they are saying, but it sounds good to me! 

1."Hunt You Down" by Kesha

My queen is back! Kesha was one of my favorites in high school and seeing her back in the business after her struggle was truly inspiring. I thought her song "Praying" was the perfect comeback and was so beautiful and powerful. This song, "Hunt You Down" has a Johnny Cash vibe to it. "Who would've thought I would be comparing Kesha to Johnny Cash?!) The beat is catchy while the song has a playful vibe to it. I am still currently listening to her album and feeling my way through it but this song is a favorite for sure. 


A lot of these songs have been in the top 40 so I'm sure you have heard most of them but if you haven't look them up!

If you wanna know more about what I have been listening, follow my Spotify here!

Is there anything that you are obsessed with lately? Let me know! I love hearing new music!

Talk to you all soon!

XO

-V

Post a Comment