SOCIAL MEDIA

6.06.2016

Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick From Too Faced! Review!




Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all having a great day! Today I wanted to share with you a recent haul I did at Ulta and immediately added this little beauty to my cart! 




Too Faced recently released a new line of liquid lipsticks ($21) to add to their already popular melted lipsticks line. This line however is their matte formula which if you have been living under a rock for the past year, is the biggest craze going on in the beauty community! 

There are so many brands out there now with their own concoctions of their perfect matte liquid lipstick formula. 

I have tried many different types of matte liquid lipsticks from all sorts of brands and I was curious to see what Too Faced would bring to the table since they are one of my favorite makeup brands to shop! 

From looking at other blogs and doing some research about the line, I thought grabbing this beautiful mauve nude shade would be a good start to see if these are any good.

The color is called Queen B. 


Queen B Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick from Too Faced
The packaging is cute. I like the little glass detail coming out towards the bottom of the tube. It stands upright easily and lays nicely too.

Too Faced is known for their very feminine packaging and details. I like that they went for more of a simple sophisticated look with these.

The wand is a simple doe foot applicator and applies the product nicely and grabs just the right amount.
Queen B Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick from Too Faced

The product itself is creamy and very pigmented which is expected for a matte formula. It isn't patchy and looks great with one coat applied.

Now I'm sure if you have tried a matte lipstick before, you know the struggle of having your lips become dry and cracked over some time when wearing them.

And this unfortunately did the same to me. I love the look right when you apply but it doesn't last long.

Even when I prepped and applied lip balm before applying this it didn't help much. After about an hour or two, the cracks of my lips were very noticeable and became uncomfortable to wear.

I also noticed some wear around the inner part of my mouth when I was eating or drinking.


Queen B Matte Liquid Lipstick from Too Faced Swatched
Notice the cracks on my lips? I just had this on for about an hour when I shot this.
Overall Thoughts: I really am bummed that this didn't work out for me. It's such a beautiful color and its so pigmented! I have tried other liquid lipsticks that aren't quite as drying and have better staying power. I will still use this since the color is great and I will try to make something work when wearing this. Maybe I can add a light gloss on top to help with the wear? What do you guys use? Overall, I love the color but the wear and feeling of having all the moisture sucked out of your lips isn't fun!

Final Grade: C

Have you guys tried this? What do you think? Let me know!

Talk to all soon!

XO

-V

Post a Comment