SOCIAL MEDIA

4.10.2016

My New Favorite Lipstick! NYX's Honeymoon!

I am wearing Honeymoon on my lips while staring off into the distance thinking about tacos..


Hello everyone and happy Sunday! 

So I wanted to share with you all my new favorite nude lipstick! 

NYX's Honeymoon is this beautiful grayish rose color that is just what I have been looking for in a nude!  I have been a huge fan of the neutrals trend lately and I think the great thing about this huge movement is that I don't think it will ever go out of style. That is what I tell myself when I am standing in front of the NYX lip products grabbing four lipsticks that are basically the same color but they really aren't... Am I the only one that does this?!



NYX Matte lipstick in Honeymoon

I recently picked up this lipstick from NYX and absolutely have fallen in love! It is a matte finish so be prepared to prep those lips with lots of love of lip balm. Color payoff is great since it is matte. It does kind of expose the lip lines a little after some wear over time but honestly, that doesn't bother me that much since my lips don't feel super dry while wearing it. 


NYX Matte lipstick in Honeymoon

The wear time on this for me is about 6 hours. It did really well with the transfer test and stayed put. After the 6 hours, I did start to feel the dryness take affect on my lips.

I do have to say that in the tube and when swatched, the rose color is way more noticeable than when actually wearing it. I am not sure if it oxidizes while I am wearing it because on the lips, it looks more of a grayish rose. It doesn't bother me though since grayish tone lipsticks have been a hit lately. If you however, are not a fan of the gray undertones then this lipstick isn't what you should look into.


Honeymoon swatched 
Overall Thoughts

I think that if you are a follow lover of neutral lips, especially rose then check this out! Although it is drying on the lips, with proper prep and even with a nude gloss on top, this color is beautiful! If you are a fan of matte gray undertoned lipsticks, then definitely check this out whenever you are near a NYX stand! 

Grade: A-

XO

-V


Post a Comment