SOCIAL MEDIA

7.01.2014

Look Out Urban Decay! Maybelline's New Nude Palette Has Arrived!



Although summer has just begun, fall collections have been starting to hit counters and stores (both drugstore and high end.)

Maybelline has been the first in the drugstore to start releasing some of their new goodies for the upcoming fall season. Through blog posts and videos, I have discovered that Maybelline is releasing a new foundation, new color tattoos that are of a leather finish (and are permanent!), a new kajal eyeliner, and The Nudes eye shadow palette.

I have looked and searched for the new Maybelline products at all of my drugstores and have had no luck. It wasn't until I walked into my Target and of course walking down the beauty section I spotted the nude palette and the new foundation. 

The Nudes palette ($9.99) is unlike anything Maybelline has released in the past. The palette contains 12 shades varying from a very light shimmery white to a charcoal grey. Most shades have a slight shimmer to them but there are 4 shades that swatched completely matte


Maybelline The Nudes eye shadow palette

I really like how Maybelline strategically placed each shadow together to create a duo, trio, or quad
The quality of the shadows vary from being super creamy and pigmented to somewhat dry and patchy.

I would have to say the stars of the palette are the four center shades (especially the gold.) The weakest shades were the shimmery white (top left) and the matte nude shade (top row third in from left.) Both applied uneven and were chalky.

There are definitely some dupes in this palette from Naked and Naked 2. Granted I think the Naked palettes are better overall due to the fact that each shade performs great. But if you are looking to save, The Nude palette is a great option.


Maybelline The Nude Palette for Fall 2014

Maybelline The Nude Palette for Fall 2014

Swatches of the Nude Palette. I swatched each shade in the quad form.

The Back of The Nudes Palette
Overall, I do think this is a good palette to have if you are a lover of nude shadows. But I wouldn't say to rush and get this asap.

Final Thoughts: This palette I like but don't love. There are some great shades to choose from but there are also some duds as well. If you have any of the Naked palettes or any nude eye shadow palette and are happy with them then don't bother since I am sure you already have most of these shades in your collection.

Overall Grade: B-


1 comment :

  1. The bronze/gold shades are definitely interesting..but I don't think I'm going to run out and get it! Thanks for the review

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete