SOCIAL MEDIA

6.12.2014

My Technique To Control Oily Skin This Summer!


This post is going to be dedicated to my oily gals out there! 

Summer is almost here and my T-Zone has been on the shiny side! The heat is just going to get worse and I have found an amazing trick that will help control that oil!

If you have combo skin or oily skin this is for you!

First things first is be sure to wear a good primer that will keep your foundation or BB cream in place! Next apply your favorite foundation/BB cream and concealer like you normally would and blend accordingly.

Now this is where the magic happens!


Follow these steps and you will be shine free!



1. After you have applied your cream products to your skin. Take a finishing spray ( I am using MAC's Fix Plus) and gently spritz your face making sure every area is covered. Don't soak your skin just a light spray about half an arms length away will do it!

2. Next while your skin is still damp, take your favorite powder ( I am using The Balm's Sexy MaMa)  and take your powder brush and gently buff into the skin. This will mix together the finishing spray and powder to help create a finish that will have your makeup last longer!

3. And you are done! 

I have used this method multiple times in hot humid weather and my T-Zone was perfectly fine for hours! It wasn't until around hour seven or eight did I start to see some shiny areas. But still this is something I now do everyday and it works every time!

If you try this method please let me know how it works for you! I would love to hear your thoughts!

XO,

V






2 comments :

  1. your skin looks so flawless and healthy! I really don't have oily skin, but for some reason foundations never last a full work day on me! I might try this to prolong the wear of my foundation!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! Yes let me know if this works out for you! :)

    ReplyDelete