SOCIAL MEDIA

6.05.2014

Calling All Mermaids! MAC's Alluring Aquatics Collection Is Really Making A Splash!


Sea Me Hear Me On Cheeks, Aphrodite's Kiss on Cheeks, Pet Me Please & Clear Water On Lips.


If you say that you didn't want to be a mermaid sometime in your life then you clearly are lying! You get an awesome tail, you don't have to worry about finals and plus you get a free shell bra! What is there not to love?

Mermaid or human, MAC's new summer collection is something that should not be missed. I think MAC's summer collection is the most coveted each year and after a few days, the collection is almost impossible to get. 

I was lucky enough to grab a few things when MAC was having an event at my mall. I automatically wanted to take part in the event and everything you will see in this post, is what my artist (her name was Victoria too!) used on me. 

I was unfortunate to not get any of the eyeshadows and one blush. But I am happy with what I did purchase.

I have read a lot about this collection and fell in love with in instantly from the beautiful sea like colors. And of course who could not forget the packaging?! I would have to say this is the best packaging I have ever seen from MAC.

I first got two lip products. One lipstick and one gloss. 

The lipstick , Pet Me Please (Frost) is a shimmery nude and pairs beautifully with a smokey eye. The lipgloss, Clear Water is also a shimmery nude that pairs beautifully with Pet Me Please or it can be worn alone to create a soft shimmery lip. 
Pet Me Please Lipstick on Left & Clear Water Gloss on Right

Isn't this packaging stunning?
Clear Water

Clear Water
Lip Products swatched: Pet Me Please on Left, Clear Water Gloss on Right

Both of the lip products wore well on me for about six hours with minimal transfer. The gloss was not sticky and felt comfortable on my lips. The lipstick also performed well and didn't dry out my lips. I would say though to go easy on the lipstick because it can be a little much.

I really only plan on wearing this lipstick if I am wearing a smokey eye or a dramatic eye look. 


Pet Me Please on my lips

Pet Me Please with Clear Water gloss on top


Final Thoughts: I thought these lipsticks were unique and unlike anything I have in my collection. I feel like I will be using more of the gloss than the lipstick but I am happy with what I got!

Pet Me Please: B+
Clear Water: A-

Sea Me Hear Me Blush on Left, Aphrodite's Shell Bronzer on Right
 The other two products I got from the collection was a blush and bronzer. Sea Me Hear Me (Extra Dimension Blush) is a warm toned reddish pink blush. Aphrodite's Shell (Extra Dimension Bronzer) is the softest bronzer in the collection.
Aphrodite's Kiss Bronzer
 Aphrodite's Kiss is a beautiful soft bronzer for those who are more fairer toned. This is in fact my first MAC bronzer and I am really pleased with how well it performs. I did notice at first that there seemed to be a layer that wouldn't let me pick up much product. But after I broke it, pigment flew off of and gave me a nice bronze glow.

This bronzer wore well on me for a full eight hours without any fading.

Sea Me Hear Me Blush
 I was so happy I was able to get my hands on at least one of the blushes. Sea Me Hear Me is a beautiful reddish rose color that I think is really pretty with a bronzer  to give you that I was just out in the sun look.

I noticed the same thing with the blush about having a layer but after I broke through the quality and pigmentation of this blush is great. It wore well on me for eight hours. It wasn't until around hour nine where I saw some subtle fading.
Sea Me Hear Me Blush on Right, Aphrodite's Kiss Bronzer on Left
Final Thoughts: If you can, get to your nearest MAC store or counter to check this collection out before it is gone! Mostly everything is sold out online but keep posted since MAC usually does restock.

Sea Me Hear Me: A
Aphrodite's Kiss: A

Sea Me Hear Me On Cheeks, Aphrodite's Kiss on Cheeks, Pet Me Please & Clear Water On Lips.

Sea Me Hear Me On Cheeks, Aphrodite's Kiss on Cheeks, Pet Me Please & Clear Water On Lips.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post!

XO

V

Post a Comment