SOCIAL MEDIA

6.04.2014

Milani's New Power Lip Gloss Stain Review!

I recently said in a previous post about how Milani released a lot of new lip products. Along with the Brilliant Shine glosses Milani released a new Power Lip Gloss Stain ($5.99).

The Power Lips had a limited variety of colors compared to the glosses.

I picked the shade Macaroon 05 a rosy pink.

Miliani Power Lip in Macarron

 I have mixed feelings about this product because although the product itself wears well and is really pigmented, I can't stand the packaging and how you have to get the product to come out.

The applicator is a stiff plastic brush that is not comfortable on the lips. It's a whole other story on how to get the product out, you have to twist the top until some comes through the head.

I had a bad experience where when I first used this I thought since it's brand new I would have to turn it a few times...yeah wrong! The product just flew out overflowing and it wasted perfect good lipstick :(

But for the lipstick itself and it's wear time, it wore well on my for around six hours and it left a nice stain on my lips. It was a comfortable lipstick that didn't dry out my lips.
Macaroon swatched

Macaroon on my lips
 Final Thoughts: If this product had better packaging I would for sure give it a higher grade but we started on the wrong foot. Although I love what is in the tube, I don't like the tube itself.. so if you are interested in this product, go ahead and try it but beware of the twist!

Overall Grade: C

Where you can get this product: At any CVS or major retailer that sells Milani cosmetics.

Have you tried Milani's new gloss stain or are you interested? Let me know!

XO

V

Post a Comment