SOCIAL MEDIA

8.02.2013

Review! NYC UltraUltra Moist Lipsticks!

Ultra...excuse my typo! :)

Hello everyone!

I have been dying to finally post this review because I have some things to say!

I recently went to Rite Aid because they were having such a good deal on NYC products and Wet'N'Wild.
NYC was all buy one get one FREE! Wet'N'Wild was 30% off!

I took this opportunity to take advantage of a few things I wanted to try at NYC. The only product I have from them is their popular "sunny" bronzer & have always been interested in trying some other products.

While I was looking at their main display I came across these lipsticks that were 99 cents each! I was thinking..."Well hey I wanna see if a 99 cent lipstick is any good!"

I picked up two colors:

Ruby: A classic ruby red
Petal: A pale baby pink


I always love trying a red from lots of brands & Ruby looked really pretty.

As for Petal, I usually am afraid of very pale pinks because I think it washes me out completely. (I can't stand it when people wear lip colors that just look strange..) Do I make sense?

Anyways I thought you know what just try it! So I picked it up.








After picking my two shades I also noticed that they are moisturizing which is a plus since I hate cracked chapped lips under a lipstick.

So am I the only one that does this or once you get back in your car do you go back through your bag and rip open everything you got and just stare at it or apply it? HA! :)

Anyway, once I went back to my car and started taking these out I noticed something..lots of shimmer

Now I am not one to hate on shimmery products but I am not a fan of shimmery lipsticks. When I applied them onto my lips they did feel nice and creamy and also moisturizing!



After wearing these lipsticks a few times, I do have to say that I am not a fan of Petal. It really isn't pigmented enough and I don't like the finish.

Other than that I think the lipstick is moisturizing and a pleasure to apply but when I look at myself in direct sunlight with Petal on I look like I have nothing on my lips except shimmer which is not my cup of tea.


However, when it comes to Ruby, I think the slight shimmer works. It reminds me of Dorothy's ruby slippers!

This lipstick is also creamy and a pleasure to apply!

The wear time on these vary so if your expecting to eat or drink then reapply often but if not then about 3 hours with Petal, and with Ruby around 6 hours. The red does leave a slight stain so it still looks pretty good after most of it is worn off.




Overall, I think for the cost these lipsticks are pretty good. I would say to check them out!

Grades:
Petal: C-
Ruby B+

Where can you buy these products: At your local Rite Aid or any other drugstore or major retailer that sells NYC cosmetics

Hope you enjoyed this post!

XO

V

Post a Comment