SOCIAL MEDIA

8.04.2013

Review! NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Powder!

 Hey Everyone!

So if you have been watching my Youtube videos for awhile now, you know that I have been talking about the Elf Tone Correcting Powder that I have had for over a year now.

I love that for $3 it holds all of my makeup in place. Although it doesn't "tone" correct it keeps my makeup looking good!

I am sad to say that this NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder ($2.99) did not hold up as well.

I usually like to keep my powders translucent because it looks more natural. This powder unfortunately has a chalky feel to it and made my skin look super pale.

I have combination skin that changes with the seasons to more oily combo in the summer and more dry combo in the winter.

During these hot days, this powder could not keep my T zone looking decent. After two hours of wear I noticed how shiny my T zone was and had to blot and reapply my ELF tone correcting powder.




Overall, I am disappointed with this powder and will not be using it anytime soon. I might try it once the weather cools down a bit. Maybe it will work then. If you have oily skin year round then I would not recommend this product.

Grade:
NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Powder: D-

Where you can get this product: At Rite Aid or any other drugstore or major retailer that sells NYC cosmetics.

Disclaimer: I want to get my point across that although this product did not work for me, does not mean that it will work for you. Makeup is a trail and error process and unfortunately this was an error for me. If you are still interested in this product, go for it! I hope that it works for you too!

Hope you guys enjoyed this post!

XO

V

Post a Comment