SOCIAL MEDIA

6.12.2013

Double Reviews! Makeup Forever Smoky Lash & Revlon Lash Potion!



Today it's all about mascara! The first product is the ever popular Makeup Forever Smoky Lash mascara. This mascara has always been a popular favorite with most mascara junkies and I have to say that I like the mascara but I would not repurchase it. 

This mascara is supposed to give you lashes with tons of volume and length. 


 The wand reminds me of a typical fat bristle brush that gives your lashes volume and makes them look more full.




I do love that this mascara can hold a curl really well and it doesn't clump.


On the Left: Two Coats of Makeup Forever Smoky Lash On the Right: Bare Lashes

I love mascara and it is one of my favorite makeup products to shop for. For just a simple look and something I do almost everyday, I really don't wear any eyeshadow and just rely on my mascara to deliver that more awake look. This mascara is great but I prefer my lashes to more defined and longer. 

I would say if you like lots and lots of volume then try this out!

Where you can get this product: At Sephora stores or makeupforever.com
Cost: $23.00
Overall Grade: B+


Whenever a drugstore brand releases a new mascara, I am always interested in trying since drugstore mascaras are not expensive and usually they are pretty good.

While I was thinking of all of the drugstore mascaras I have tried, I realized that I have never tried a Revlon mascara. Usually L'Oreal, Maybelline, and Covergirl are known for having great mascaras where as Revlon is known for their great foundations and lip products. 

So I was really interested in trying this mascara because not only is the packaging pretty, it promises to give you lots of length and volume. 


The mascara wand is still big and has bristles but they are more spaced out to get a hold of each lash and extend them to give it the falsies look. At first I actually didn't like this mascara because it was too wet but after I let a few pumps of air into the tube, the mascara dried up a little but still was super easy to apply and didn't clump my lashes.



















On the Left: Bare Lashes On the Right: Two Coats of Revlon Lash Potion

I really like this mascara and would say that this is a must try since it won't break the bank!

Where you can get this product: At any drugstore, Target or Walmart
Cost: $4.99
Overall Grade: A

Thank you guys for reading! Hope you enjoyed this post!

XO

V

Post a Comment