SOCIAL MEDIA

5.01.2013

Review & Swatches! Maybelline Color Tattoos from the Summer 2013 Collection!


The time has come to finally review these bad boys for ya! When I first heard about these I was like here we go again! Another collection of these tattoos to obsess about! But you know what, I am obsessed! The tattoos are so unique and each have their own to offer.

However, I don't think this collection is the type where everyone will be grabbing all the colors because some are so different than others!

These tattoos (well some of them) are duo-chrome! I made the mistake of calling it monochromatic in my video discussing my haul on these! HA :)

When I saw the display of these, there were a total of 6 but now I am hearing that there are 8 but I am confused why they would not include the other 2 in the display....silly Maybelline! But I will be on the look out for the other two! As for the 6 I did see in person I got 5 because the other shade was a strange yellow color and I am not a fan of yellow on my lids. Gold YES Yellow NO




The Fab Five

The Fab Five Again

Seashore Frosts: I love this one! Can you see the purple blueish undertones?

Cool Crush: A really nice silver blue

Lavish Lavender: This one does not have a duo chrome finish its more of a metallic lavender 

Icy Mint: This one as well doesn't have a duo chrome finish but I love the color!

Waves of White: I apologize for not giving this color justice because there is a blueish green undertone to this one which makes it look so cool!

Swatches from Left to right: Cool Crush, Lavish Lavender, Icy Mint, Waves of White, Seashore Frosts

Same swatches just different angle: Bottom to Top: Cool Crush, Lavish Lavender, Icy Mint, Waves of White, Seashore  Frosts


I have to say that these shadows should be worn on their own because they really make your eyes pop and you really can't enjoy them by covering them with eyeshadow!

I also have to mention that these feel really soft and creamy. While my other color tattoos don't feel so super soft, but I am not sure if that just happened because they are new. Well I guess I'll find out over time..

Overall Review:

Final Thoughts: I have found these only at my local Rite Aid so my best bet would be to try there but stay tuned for them to hit other drugstores soon because along with these color tattoos, there are nail polishes and I saw them at my CVS but no color tattoos so they should be out there soon! I would say give them a try because I have never seen any product like these before!

Where you can get this product: Right now try Rite Aid but don't be surprised to see them pop up everywhere soon!
Cost: $6.99
Overall Grade: B+

Hope you enjoyed this post!

XO

V




Post a Comment