SOCIAL MEDIA

5.01.2013

My New Chanel Moisturizer & Serum Review!



So when it comes to my skin. I have no problem spending a little more money because I really do care about my skin and I make sure to keep it hydrated, clean and protected!

A few months ago, I did a video discussing my skincare routine morning and night. During this time, I was not using these products and wanted to tell you guys the new goodies I got. In the video above, I used the Philosophy moisturizer hope in a jar which I thought was great but after getting my Chanel Spring 2013 collection and getting a sample of the Chanel Hydra Serum, I told myself that I would treat myself to Chanel after I use all of hope in a jar.

My skin in combination oily. In the winter months it is more dry and in the summer it is more oily. However, I find that if I moisturize my t-zone well enough, it won't get so shiny.




 The Hydra Beauty Serum creates a hydrating feeling to my skin and makes my skin glow. I only use this at night since it is very pricey! ($135 for 1.7 oz...EEK) They also have it available in a smaller size for $97.50 for a 1 oz bottle.

Chanel Description:
 At the heart of the HYDRA BEAUTY range is Camellia Alba PFA,¹ an active ingredient that promotes optimal moisture retention within skin cells. When combined with an improved, more-powerful version of Blue Ginger PFA (a vital antioxidant), the perfect synergy of ultimate hydration and protection is created. With added hyaluronic acid, the serum immediately hydrates and protects the skin. Fresh and soothing, it comforts and boosts overall radiance. Ideal for all skin types.

¹PFA: Poly-Fractioned Active. It's an ultra-pure, ultra-powerful ingredient created through an exclusive purification technique developed by Chanel.




One pump on the back of my hand.

 When I was at my Chanel counter I planned on getting both the serum and creme since they are meant to work together.

This Hydra Beauty Creme completes the process of my skincare routine making my skin feeling baby butt soft. I would say however to work into the skin for a few minutes so it can really sink into the skin.

Chanel's Description of the product:

At the heart of the HYDRA BEAUTY range is Camellia Alba PFA,¹ an active ingredient that promotes optimal moisture retention within skin cells. When combined with an improved, more-powerful version of Blue Ginger PFA (a vital antioxidant), the perfect synergy of ultimate hydration and protection is created. The crème, with added shea butter and canola oil derivatives, will quench the driest, thirstiest skin. Ideal for normal-to-dry skin. 1.7 oz.

¹PFA: Poly-Fractioned Active. It's an ultra-pure, ultra-powerful ingredient created through an exclusive purification technique developed by Chanel.




With the protective cover

Without the cover
A small amount on the back of my hand. It comes off as a little thick but is easily blendable

The Chanel Hydra Beauty Creme $87 for 1.7 oz and although it is pricey I really do think it is worth it.

I should warn you Chanel is notorious for having heavy scented cosmetics and skincare and yes these products both have a strong clean scent to them (which I am in love with!) but for some of you who have sensitive skin, I would be cautious trying this since the scent is quite powerful.

Overall Review:

Final Thoughts: I am pleased with my purchase from these products. I love the way my skin feels afterwards but unfortunately my wallet isn't too happy. Would I repurchase? Not sure but I would recommend this to someone who has similar skin to myself or even someone who has drier skin.

Where can you get this product: At your closest Chanel counter or chanel.com
Cost: Serum: $135 for 1.7 oz & $97.50 for 1 oz. Creme: $87 for 1.7 oz
Overall Grade: Serum: A Creme: B+

Hope you enjoyed this post!

XO

V


Post a Comment