SOCIAL MEDIA

3.07.2013

Review! Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette!


Hey Guys!

Today I wanted to tell you guys my review on the new Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette that I picked up about a month ago. I got this palette at my Ulta for $36. It is very similar to the Too Faced boxed palettes that are very popular with the Too Faced brand which is what I usually think of when I think of this line. 

The Boudoir Eyes is a little different because of the packaging. Instead of the boxed packaging, the Boudoir Eyes palette has a metal case and has nine different shadows. Each three rows create a look that you can recreate with the provided cards. The eyeshadows are still very pigmented and creamy. They also blend beautifully into the skin. 

The whole concept of this palette is to create a very sexy eye by having a lot of shimmery shadows to choose from from a deep smokey purple to a matte light grey. 

-Review-
Packaging: When I first saw the packaging of this product I immediately feel in love of how girly and chic it is. I love how the tin cover resembles a plush pillow. It reminds me a lot of something in Paris.
Pigmentation: I love how rich and creamy the eyeshadows are and when I swatched them I literally had to just press my finger into the shadow and I got a ton of color. But be careful because since they are so highly pigmented, it can easily go wrong into creating a panda eye. So use a light hand! 
How it lasts: I would recommend wearing a primer underneath to not only prevent creasing but to make the shadows appear more vibrant. I have mostly worn the more neutral shades in the palette and I would say by the time I have been wearing the shadows for more than five hours, I do notice I little creasing. But that is from the primer. 
Overall Grade: B+

Final Thoughts: I would say that this palette is great for the ones who love to pull off a sexy sultry look. I don't think this palette is a must have for beauty lovers who are looking for something more everyday but there are some shades that can easily create an appropriate look. I also want to note that this palette is great to take for travel. It is relatively small in size and I would definitely take this palette to a trip to where I would be going out at night a lot (Vegas?) 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post!

XO

V  


Isn't this packaging just so adorable?!

Here is the inside and on top is where the look cards are located.

A closer look at all the shadows!

Shades from left to right: In the buff, fuzzy handcuffs,voulez-vous, satin sheets, sugar walls, garter belt, birthday suit, lap dance, and french tickler.

Post a Comment