SOCIAL MEDIA

3.23.2013

Beauty Spring Cleaning! When to toss it?


Hey everyone!

Today I wanted to discuss a topic that I think every beauty lover should be aware about and in fact write down a few things because it is important if you really care for your makeup like children. (I know I sound a little crazy but my makeup collection is my baby)

We all know makeup doesn't last forever and over time makeup can change its texture, pigmentation..etc. But the real question is when do I get rid of it?

I big thing to take out of this post is to know that anything that has a liquid or creamy like texture has a much lower shelf life than powder.

Life Expediencies for your makeup:

Foundation: Water based foundations will last a year. Oil based foundations can last up to 18 months.

Concealer: Up to a year.

Eyeshadow: Up to 3 years.
However, with cream eyeshadows the shelf life can be up to 2 years if stored upside down and closed tightly.

Mascara: Up to 4 months.
Don't pump your mascara wand because that forces air into the container making it dry out faster!

Eyeliner or Lip liner: Up to 3 years

Lipstick: Up to 3 years

Lipgloss: Up to 2 years

Powder: Up to 2 years.

Nail Polish: To a year but if a bottle has been sitting for a long time, make sure to shake it up to prevent the color from separating.

And above everything guys, use your common sense. If it smells funky or it does not work the same as it once did, then its time to toss it!

Hope you all found this helpful!

XO

V

Post a Comment