SOCIAL MEDIA

8.06.2022

What I Purchased From Etsy for My Wedding!

 

Photo collage of different photographs from a wedding.

    Well.... it finally happened! We waited an extra two years for our day and like everyone said, "it's going to fly by!" but really it did. 

One of the few perks of having to postpone your wedding, is more time. When we first postponed our date back in April of 2020, there were quite a few things I still needed to purchase but with the current state the world was in back then, I had a feeling we would have to postpone so I held off. It wasn't until around winter of this year (2022) did I really start to research what I wanted to buy. 

If you are like me, then you know how amazing Etsy is especially for weddings! There are so many unique options no matter your budget and style and bonus points because you're supporting a small business! 



Here are my favorite items that I purchased for my wedding and I highly recommend you do as well!

Starting at $79+
Photo collage of customized clutches for mother of bride and mother of groom.

I really was stuck on what I wanted to gift my Mother and Mother in law. I wanted something special and personalized that they can keep and look back on. When I saw this clutch, I immediately felt like it was perfect. After reading reviews and seeing how positive it was, I placed my order. You can customize it with different fabric choices as well as a fabric flower or bow in the front. I decided to go with the bow with both. The owner was a great communicator and sent over a preview! I highly recommend placing your order well in advance just so you have peace of mind!


$58

Cards and gift table and guest book table at a wedding

When researching about card boxes, I heard from brides time and time again how much they regret getting a personalized box that serves no purpose after the wedding. I saw similar glass boxes like this one on Amazon and in different craft stores however, they didn't have a lock which was crucial. This box worked out perfect for our wedding day and I even bought some moss to place at the bottom! Now we currently have it in our home as a decor piece! I even had an idea to place fake tealight candles inside to create a unique centerpiece for our table!


Starting at $25+
Bride and father of bride opening gift day of wedding.

Just like my Mom and Mother in Law, I wanted to give my Dad something special and unique to wear on my wedding day. I thought having a personalized patch to have on the back of my Dad's tie would be perfect! You include a photo of your choosing and create a custom message. You can also select what patch size you'd like as well! Communication with the owner was great and they also sent over a preview.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture of the patch close up but here is my Dad's reaction seeing it! He loved it and says it's his favorite tie. 


$72

Beautiful sweetheart table at wedding surrounded with lots of flowers, greenery and candles

This was one of my favorite items I ordered from Etsy. I wanted to do something unique to place at our sweetheart table and I immediately fell in love with this scroll. You can customize it by including your favorite poem, saying, music lyric or whatever you'd like! You can also select what color you'd like the script to be. I decided to include the lyrics from Shania Twain's You're Still The One. Such a beautiful piece and I highly recommend if you want something unique and personalized for your head or sweetheart table! 


$4.00 per Table
Beautiful wedding centerpiece with copper lantern, table number, a small floral arrangement and a framed photo of the bride and groom.


Now I understand that this can easily be diy'd but once I saw these table numbers, it was exactly what I was looking for. Because our wedding was on the smaller side (90 guests) we only had 11 tables. However if you have a larger wedding with 20+ tables and are looking to save a little, this might not be helpful to you. Either way, these table numbers were perfect! I really wanted to have the paper be thick and that deckled edge that looked familiar to our invitations. You can customize it to the type of ink you'd like as well as the style of the font. 


Starting at $14

A flat lay of the bride and groom's rings sitting in an ivory velvet ring box surrounded by little flowers and a bouquet charm.

I looked everywhere for an ivory round velvet ring box and had no luck until I found this one! You have the option to get it personalized with your last name initial as well as the ring slot but I decided on a plain box. This was perfect and looks beautiful in our photos! 

$1.50 each

A name card placed on top of a pink napkin at a table with a candle and greenery nearby


This item originally wasn't on my list to purchase but because of our seating chart, I decided to assign seats to our one rectangular table where our entire bridal party sat at. It was important to me to have my maid of honor and my husband's best men sit close to us. Due to the time crunch, I came across this listing and fell in love again with the deckled edge and the beautiful font. Our bridal party table held 16 people total so it wasn't too much of an added expense. 

Starting at $19

Bride's bouquet with a detailed shot of the bride's bouquet charm highlighting her passed Grandfather.

I unfortunately lost my Grandpa back in 2013 and really wanted to honor him in some way on my wedding day. I really loved the idea of having a special charm pinned to my bouquet. I loved how you could customize it based on metal color, and the size of the charm itself. If you have a loved one who has passed, I highly recommend purchasing a bouquet charm. 


Starting at $49 

Wedding cake serving set placed on top of blush napkins.


This was another item that I almost forgot about. I loved the ombre from white to gold and I decided to have them personalized to our names as well as our date. You also have the option to customize it to include your name, date and the font as well the handle color. They have a ton of options to choose from! 

Contact for Pricing Details

Beautiful Springtime Wedding Invitations Layout Spread.

If you have the budget to spend a little on your invitations, I highly recommend working with Lauren at LineAvenue Calligraphy. I told her exactly what I was looking for and gave her some reference photos as well as described our venue. (I really wanted to showcase swans in the design somehow since our venue had two swans onsite!)  She took it and created this masterpiece you see above. She even partnered with another Etsy seller on getting matching vintage stamps. The invitations arrived in a beautiful box and were already sealed and ready to be mailed. When I started to receive my RSVP's back, I loved how each one was a little unique with the deckled edges and the thickness of the paper. Lauren also offers a single design service where you only purchase one invitation for your photographer to photograph the morning of the wedding. This is a great option if you want the same handmade look but for a lot less money. She is also in the works of creating semi custom wedding invitations! Can't recommend Lauren enough! She is amazing at what she does! 

Those were my favorite purchases from Etsy that I had for my wedding! I hope this post was helpful if you are currently planning your big day or are just looking for some great Etsy shops to support! A lot of the stores I mentioned offer other products and services that aren't wedding related! Definitely check them out and let me know what shops you are currently loving on Etsy! Wedding related or not I always love finding new shops!

Talk to you soon! 

-V





























Post a Comment