SOCIAL MEDIA

5.22.2014

Battle of the brands! New drugstore mascara!

Who will win? 

Mascara is one of those things that I seriously can't live without. Whenever I am having one of those not feeling like wearing makeup today days, I still always grab a tube of mascara because it really does make a huge difference. That and just a hint of concealer and I am ready to go!

There have been a ton of new drugstore mascaras released lately and so I thought by creating a little battle between them all will make not only the review fun and entertaining as well!

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen!

Welcome to the biggest battle of the year! The battle for who can create the most voluminous lushes lashes out there!

In corner number 1 we have CoverGirl's new Bombshell Mascara

  


Side 1: The plastic bristles grab each lash making it longer

Side 2: This thicker wand is supposed to add volume and fatten each lash making them appear more thick.


First Impressions: The first thing I noticed about this mascara is that the packaging is huge! To the point where I don't wanna bring it with me if I travel. I don't know why CoverGirl thought lets make this bulky product that takes up half of my makeup bag... but I am interested to see how it performs since I like the idea of a double ended mascara.


And in corner 2 we have Revlon's new Bold Lacquer Mascara



First Impressions: I haven't came across a Revlon mascara that I didn't hate yet I haven't found a holy grail from them either..so maybe this might be it? The wand looks like a typical voluminous brush but we will see how it performs.

In corner 3 we have Maybelline's newest mascara Pumped Up Colossal!





First Impressions: This mascara I am excited to try since I really do enjoy Maybelline mascaras. I have tried the original colossal back when I was in high school and I did love it. I think the wand for this mascara is unique as well. It's got a slight round shape (almond like) and the actual arm of the wand has these small curves as well.

And last but not least... the newest drugstore mascara out L'Oreal's voluminous manga mascara!




First Impressions: I believe this mascara originally came out in Japan since the display and packaging had this Japanese panda looking face. (If that makes any sense?) L'Oreal makes great mascaras and I am always excited for when I see a new one released. The wand kind of reminds me of a christmas tree (thicker at the bottom and thins towards the end) The bristles seems to be going in a circular motion making it look like each side applies a little differently.  I am excited to see how this baby performs!


There will be a following post giving you all an update on how these mascaras performed!

XO

V

Post a Comment