SOCIAL MEDIA

2.04.2014

Review! Revlon's New ColorBurst Matte Balm Stain in Elusive & Striking!


Helloooooo!

It has been such a long time since I have talked to you guys! A lot has happened since I have talked to you last. I can't make any promises on how frequent I will post but just know I will try my best!

Since I have been gone, so many drugstore products have come out and I have lots of reviews to tell you!

Let's get started shall we?


When I first heard about the new line of matte and lacquer balms from Revlon I was super excited. I am having this obsession with matte lips and am trying to find a lip product with a matte finish that won't dry my lips out!

The Revlon matte lip pencils have a very creamy texture that apply like butter and are super pigmented.

Revlon released many shades in both finishes from nudes to bright purples. From the matte side of the collection, I decided to choose two shades. A classic red Striking and a rosy pink Elusive

Striking is a classic fire truck engine red shade that will catch anyone's attention.
Elusive is a beautiful rosy pink color that might be darker on some skin tones like myself and might be the perfect nude for others.

After wearing both shades for a full 8 hours, the color and consistency  did wear off over time and sadly after the third hour, my lips felt dry and desperately needed some type of moisture.

Another thing I noticed was after time the product started to sink into my lip lines making them look dryer that they were.

I decided to give this balm another try but by wearing a moisturizing balm underneath. It did help with the dryness but I noticed it didn't last as long on my lips.

Overall, I do think that these stains are great for the pigmentation but I would say to wear a moisturizing balm underneath and if it starts to wear, just reapply.

Overall Grade: C
Where you can get this product: At any drugstore or major retailer that sells Revlon Cosmetics.

More Photos & Swatches Below!



On the left: Elusive On the right: Striking


Elusive on the lips

Striking on the lips


Thank you guys so much & I will talk to you soon!

XO

V


Post a Comment