SOCIAL MEDIA

4.23.2013

Summer Collections! Dior Birds of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection!


Hello Beauties!

Long time no talk! I am so sorry about not posting for awhile I have been busy with assignments and some sad news hit my family which have made it hard to try to post but I am feeling better and am ready to get back to blogging! Besides I missed doing this!

More summer collections! Woo! I have actually already seen this collection in person and love it so much. This Saturday on April 27th my Nordstrom will be having a huge trunk show that will showcase all of the new Summer 2013 collections and I have already all my goodies from this collection saved so no one can take it! Mwahaha! 

I have noticed that this year these collection (mainly Chanel & Dior) have really been staying away from the typical bronzed skin, bright lips kind of expected summer collections. These collections are so colorful and beautiful!

This collection is called Birds Of Paradise which basically speaks for itself...Dior was inspired by the bright vibrant colors that tropical birds have.







Right: Bahia Set Left: Samba Set
When it comes to the nail polish for this collection, I thought Dior came up with a brilliant idea. The four nail polishes that you see above are actually sold in a little duo. The bright vibrant blue shade and hot pink are called Bahia. The other two colors (metallic blueish green and mint green) are called Samba. The nail polishes are actually mini sized so they are great for travel!
Right: Blue Lagoon Quad Left: Peacock Quad
 Now I have one Dior quad from their permanent collection and love how buttery soft and silky these shadows are! I have no problem spending some $$ when it comes to Dior shadows. I am crazy about these colors but did not reserve a quad for myself because I rarely wear any type of blue eyeshadow. I did swatch these shadows when I was in the store and I loved how pigmented they were! So if you are the type of gal that loves to wear bright colors on your lids then this quad is something to look at!


Right: Eye Glosses Middle: Lip Maximixer Left: Dior Skin Nude Tan BB Cream
 I was intrigued when I saw these so called eye glosses. I have not swatched them but next time I go into my Dior counter I will make sure to give these a try because the colors are screaming my name since I love wearing copper and gold on my lids. The lip maximizer is an interesting product that supposedly is supposed to increase collagen and make you lips look bigger and fuller. A must have for me? Nah..

For the Dior Nude Skin Tan BB Cream, I was curious whether or not this would work as an actual BB cream or would it be more of a liquid bronzer. When I swatched it, I could see a woman much MUCH darker than me actually wearing this all over their face as a BB cream. The product didn't have a glittery finish and it looked very natural. I would say if you tan easily and get pretty dark in the summer then give this product a try. The product does come in two shades so it can be worn with the more paler skin tones like myself.



Right: Pink Glow Left: Coral Glow
When I first saw the collection about a month ago for the first time, I knew that these blush and bronzer duos were a must have on my list. I love how you can mix and match whatever color your feeling. I have saved the Pink glow duo for myself but I am still interested in the Coral glow since I don't own a coral blush (I know every girl needs a coral blush in their stash!) So I still might want to get my hands on the Coral glow.





These jumbo lip crayons/pens whatever you wanna call them have been becoming more popular lately. I don't know if it is because of their easy application or whatever but I am actually quite confused with these because at my Dior display they only had 3 Jelly Lip pens and two Dior Addict Lipsticks...I will include the website below so you guys can see the products names and details. I will have to discuss with my Dior Associate about the confusion. 


http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/dior-womens-makeup?origin=leftnavDior Products at Nordstrom!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Once I have tried out these Dior goodies reviews will be up! 

More reviews and releases coming soon! 

XO

V




Post a Comment