SOCIAL MEDIA

1.02.2013

Review! Skylark by Elle & Blair Snowkissed Cashmere Eyeshadow Palette!






Hello Everyone!

So on Cyber Monday which I know was a awhile ago, I picked up the Skylark Palette by Elle & Blair (who if you guys didn't know are big time beauty gurus on Youtube and recently created their own makeup line!)

On Cyber Monday this palette was half off ($20) which I thought was a great deal so I took advantage of it! 

The palette itself has six different eyeshadow shades, one highlighting powder, a duel sided eyeshadow brush, and three eye looks for inspiration. 

After giving this palette a few tries and played with the shadows a little, I have to say I am not crazy about the palette. I found that some of the eyeshadows were chalky, and when I did swatches ( in the photo above) I found that I had to keep going back to build up the color more and more. Almost all of the shadows shown above I had to go back at least three times. The highlighter I thought was a little chalky as well. 

In the swatches photo: Colors are named from bottom to top:
1. Pinecone: A shimmery dark brown
2. Blitzen: A champagne shimmery color
3. Lace: A matte white
4. Shiver: A deep blue
5. Ember: A maroon red
6. Nutmeg: A light shimmery brown
7. Satin Sparks: A shimmery peachy pink

The brush I found to be nice but nothing special but I thought that the packaging was cute and simple. 

Overall I wasn't too thrilled with the palette and I was disappointed because I do follow Elle & Blair on youtube and from watching them talk about the palette I was expecting something better. I still love them though and will always support them!

If you guys want to try the palette yourself you can find it on blush.com and then search for the Skylark brand. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this review and will talk to you guys soon!

XO 

Post a Comment