SOCIAL MEDIA

1.25.2013

Huge Haul of Chanel & YSL! Swatches & Reviews!


Hey everyone! So I got quite a few things recently from Chanel & YSL. Most of the products purchased was from the Spring 2013 collection but there are some items that were not & I will mention it when I discuss a particular product! Lets get started!


The three photos above are of the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains.
I got the color 18 Rose Pastelle
Packaging: YSL is known for the stunning and luxurious packaging so yes I loved it. Very simple & elegant.
Pigmentation: The product applies as a lipgloss but it does give your lips a light tint which is nice. I got a very natural shade from the collection and have seen more of the darker colors worn and yes they are very pigmented.
How it lasts: I had to reapply this product maybe every two hours or so depending if I was eating or drinking. The great thing about this product is that the gloss my be gone but the color of the stain still stays!
How it feels: This lipstain feels very smooth and soft on my lips. It doesn't move around on my lips and I love reapplying it.
Overall Grade: A
(This product is a part of the permanent collection with YSL)






The Chanel Spring 2013 Illuminating Powder
I have talked about this product before in a post and I wasn't sure whether to pick it up or not..but trying in on in store made me cave to splurge on this cause it really is amazing.
Packaging: Hats off to Chanel for making such a beautiful highlighter and making a beautiful embossed powder with the little flowers and lipsticks. The packaging is hands down gorgeous and I sometimes catch myself just staring at the powder looking at all the little details!
Pigmentation: This light shimmery powder has just enough shimmer to give you that "candlelit" glow. I also love applying this under my brow on the bridge of my nose and my cupids bow! 
How it Lasts: I have worn this many of times and I usually apply it in the morning and whenever I am out later in the day I can still catch that shimmer on the tops of my cheeks so I would say I would reapply this probably every 6 hours or so depending on your activity. 
How it feels: I can't feel a thing because it is such a light powder!
Overall Grade: A
I would say if you guys are thinking about purchasing from the Spring Collection, this is it!






Chanel Powder Blush in No. 72 Rose Initale
Packaging: You the basic Chanel..nothing but classy :)
Coverage: I have never tried a Chanel blush before & I am hooked! In the packaging it looked so bright that  just one sweep from my brush will make me look like a clown. The color of the blush is so soft and natural looking and you can easily build it to whatever color you want.
How it lasts: The color lasted all day giving me a bright healthy glow!
How it feels: When I swatched this blush I was surprised on how soft and silky it felt! When I wear it on my cheeks it feels nice and soft!
Overall Grade: A
(This product is a part of their permanent collection)  



Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in No. 12 Beige Rose
This foundation has been such a popular item on Youtube in the beauty community that I have been dying to try it!
Packaging: I like the packaging because it is compact and would be great to travel with!
Coverage: I like how this foundation has a light to medium coverage and is really easy to build!
How it lasts: I have worn this foundation all day and only had to blot once on my t zone around 5 or 6 which is fine. It doesn't turn cakey and it looks like my skin is healthy and glowing.
How it feels: I love this foundation because it feels so light and soft! I like the liquid-y consistency and it feels like I have nothing on my skin! 
Overall Grade: A





Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in 102 Beryl
This Spring 2013 eyeliner is beautiful to wear on the waterline to give your eyes nice glow and is a nice switch from wearing white or nude liners.
Packaging: Nothing to complain about with the packaging. 
Pigmentation: I do wish though that the pigmentation on this eyeliner was a little more. Because I think that when on the waterline it will give my eyes a nice subtle pop. There is a slight pigment but it is difficult to tell.
How it lasts: I would have to reapply this maybe every few hours or so but I had a difficult telling if it was still there or not from the color.
How it feels: The eyeliner itself though swatched and applied is very soft and creamy. I don't have to tug my skin and just glides onto the skin.
Overall Grade: B





Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lipcolor in 43 La Favorite
This bright coral color immediately caught my eye and I was so excited to get it on my lips!
Packaging: Chanel recently changed their packaging and I love the new design! It is so simple and innovative!
Pigmentation: I applied this lipstick with a lip brush to control how bright I wanted my lips to be. The color is nice subtle pop of coral that brightens my face. I haven't tried it straight out of the bullet but I don't think it will be too intense against my skintone.
How it lasts: I had to reapply this lipstick more when I ate or drank but other than that it lasts for a long time!
How it feels: I love Chanel lipsticks on how they just go onto the lips like silk. It makes my lips feels nice and soft!
Overall Grade: A-
(This product is apart of the Spring 2013 collection)


Chanel Powder Blush in 76 Frivole
When I first saw this blush I was a little nervous because it is such a bright color in the packaging but Chanel blushes always fool me and are always a perfect amount of color in one stroke. 
Packaging: Simple blush packaging from Chanel.
Pigmentation: This blush if applied just once has a nice subtle color but can be easily build able.
How it lasts: I didn't have to reapply this blush until much later in the day. No complaints. :)
How it feels: Very soft and silky and feels like I have nothing on my cheeks.
Overall Grade: A



YSL Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm in 12 Tasty Raspberry
I was so excited to try this because sometimes I like to wear a subtle balm with very little color and when I found out YSL released a new collection of all balms I immediately wanted to pick up one!
Packaging: Your typical YSL packaging....beautiful!
Pigmentation: This balm a a very subtle light pink that looks beautiful on the lips. 
How it lasts: I would have to reapply this every hour or so depending again what I was doing. But I don't have a problem  reapplying it because it feels like butter on the lips!
How it feels: Like silk :)
Overall Grade: A+ 




YSL Creme De Blush in No. 9
I don't have a ton of cream blushes and I do like the look of them more than powder because it looks more natural and effortless.
Packaging: Beautiful!
Pigmentation: This bright candy pink color is beautiful and has a nice pop of color that can be buildable!
How it lasts: Since this blush is a cream, I didn't have to reapply it like a powder which I enjoy when I don't have time.
How it feels: It blends beautifully into the skin and feels so soft!
Overall Grade: A




Well I hope you guys enjoyed this HUGE haul and review! You guys can get these products at any high end department store! I got mine at Nordstrom!

Talk to you all soon!

XO

V

Post a Comment