SOCIAL MEDIA

5.30.2014

My Picks for Maybelline's Summer 2014 Bleached Neons Collection!

Wearing Maybelline's Summer 2014 Bleached Neon on cheeks and lips


Summer is almost here! Time to bring out the bronzers, and the neons!

This year Maybelline's summer 2014 collection is called Bleached Neon's. The collection includes a variety of neon shades for your lips and nails and of course includes three new matte master bronze bronzers and one blush master glaze and five master glazes in a bronze finish. There are also color tattoos which I didn't get because they are so similar to last years (see them here)

Most of the products in the collection are limited edition (BOO!) so get them quick!
What I picked: Clockwise starting at top: Master Glaze blush in Enchanting Apricot, Master Glaze Bronzer in Subtle Bronze, Nail polish in Lime Accent, Color Elixar in Sweet Lilac, and Master Bronzer in Vacation Bronze


What I decided to pick:

Matte Master Bronzer in Vacation Bronze: I always get a new bronzer from a collection each summer and I was super excited to see a matte finish. This color is the second darkest in the collection.

Master Glaze Blush in Enchanting Apricot: I love the master glaze blushes and I wanted to get it. This was the only blush in the collection.

Master Glaze Bronzer in Subtle Bronze: I was really excited to see the master glazes in a bronze form. I have no idea why they called this shade subtle because it is far from it! This give you an extreme highlight. I think it would look beautiful on a summer evening to enhance that summer tan.

Color Elixar in Sweet Lilac: I finally tried a purple lip color! I have been really unsure on how I could pull it off but this is subtle and it still shows some color so it is perfect for me!

Nail polish in Lime Accent: I have a love/hate relationship for Maybelline's Color Show polishes. I don't own a neon polish and I think they look great against tan skin so I tried to give it a go! The colors are beautiful and they wear okay but I swear everytime I shower, they peal right off! Boo! I haven't worn this polish yet so hopefully it will work good!


This is just a small amount of the entire collection. You can see photos of the displays and more products here

Final Thoughts: I have worn some of the products shown here and I do think Maybelline did a great job with their summer collection this year!

Where you can find this collection: I have been noticing them pop up at most drugstores!

Look below for more photos and swatches!



Left to Right: Lime Accent nail polish, Sweet Lilac color elixar, MG in Subtle Bronze, MG in Enchanting Apricot, Matte Bronzer in Weekend Bronze
Have you checked out this collection? What are your picks?

XO

V

Post a Comment