SOCIAL MEDIA

8.29.2018

Chocolate Lipstick?! Yes Please! L'Oreal's new Les Chocolats Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick Collection Review


Give me all the chocolate please!! These new Les Chocolats Infalliable Liquid Lipsticks from L'Oreal are literally a chocolate lover's dream!



This collection includes 6 shades all hues ranging in rustic nudes to dark browns. I decided to pick up two shades from the collection. No. 848 Dose of Cocoa and No. 852 Box O Chocolate. Both shades are similar in color but Box O Chocolate is a slightly darker rosy hue .

No. 848 Dose of Cocoa

Dose of Cocoa

This collection is part of their Pro Matte line. I have never tried L'Oreal's Pro Matte liquid lipsticks before so I didn't have anything to go by regarding formula and wear.

L'Oreal claims that this formula is rich in pigment and has a long lasting wear time (16 hours!) with no dryness. I didn't see anything about this collection being limited edition so hopefully its here for good!

No. 852 Box O Chocolate

Box O Chocolate

Swatches in natural light
The Entire Shade Range of Les Chocolats Collection. Photo by Target



The Verdict: Besides the amazing smell of cocoa/hot chocolate, these are approved! The pigment is rich in color and the wear time is pretty good! I was able to wear both for a full 6.5 hours before major wear started to show. I honestly never believe the claim that these companies say of wear time. (Let's be honest, I don't know anyone who wears a lipstick for a full 16 hours)  I think it is important to let the formula dry FULLY before eating/drinking since it will transfer before setting. Once set, I ate and drank and had little to no transfer!

I must let you know as well that every time I wore these, I made sure to give my lips a good dose of hydration before wearing. Although they claim for a nondrying formula, I still apply some lip balm before since my lips are prone to drying out. If your lips are naturally hydrated (lucky you!) then you should be fine just applying alone.

Where you can purchase: I picked up mine at my closest Ulta in a special display. So if you are out looking, make sure to check the new arrival display section!

Cost: $7.99 on Target's website. If you wanna grab a few shades, try to snag them during a BOGO sale!

Final Thoughts: If you love chocolate and enjoy L'Oreal's Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick line, then give this a go! There is nice range of nudes to rosy mauve's to dark vampy browns. With that being said I might grab a few more shades since I'm hooked on the smell haha

Have you guys tried this? What do you think? Are you interested in picking a shade or two up? Let me know!

Talk to you guys soon!

XO

-V



Post a Comment