SOCIAL MEDIA

9.23.2013

When To Buy High End Makeup OR Drugstore Makeup!


Hello everyone!

If you are unaware of the new posting schedule for my blog please see this post here

I am have been super busy with school! So much for the new schedule.. HA! But I will try to stick to it as best as I can!

Today I wanted to do a different post talking about something besides just review of products (which they are coming!)

This post is going to give advice to those who are confused as to what products they should invest a little more in and what products you can get for a steal.

This post may not be relevant to everyone because some people strictly shop at only high end department stores and others just shop at the drugstore. But if you are interested in splurging a little here and there for your makeup then keep reading!


When it comes to shopping for high end makeup, I love trying everything that the brand offers because I love blogging about it of course!
But for those who are strictly looking for good promising products, there are a few I would say to splurge on:
-Foundation- Anything that is going to be in contact with your skin you should invest in. Cheaply made foundation can irritate your skin and break you out. Of course that doesn't mean that high end foundations will never irritate your face. Try to get a sample to test it out before you commit!
-Concealer- Once again, anything that comes in contact with your skin I would recommend spending some more bucks on.
-A Nude/Red Lipstick- I think every women should have a go to perfect nude lipstick and a classic red. Drugstore lipsticks are really aiming up their game, but I believe investing in a classic nude because it is something you will get so much wear out of. For those days you are feeling bold, pull out your favorite classic red.

These products listed below are not what I call necessities to high end makeup but if you are interested in good high end product recommendations then read the list below!
-Blush/Bronzer- I have tried quite a bit of high end blushes and I love all of them. I notice that a lot of drugstore brands love to put glitter in their blushes/bronzers which really annoy me. High end blushes and bronzers are very finely milled and feel super soft. They also blend into the skin like butter and look super natural.
-A Neutral Eyeshadow Palette- Now some of these high end brands charge a ton for their quads. ($60...seriously?) Now I know that there are a lot of dupes for different shades but if you are an often nude makeup type of gal then I would say to splurge on a good neutral palette. You will get a ton of wear out of it and get your moneys worth.

Now when it comes to good old drugstore makeup, I get super excited when I find a great product and my wallet is happy too! When it comes to my must have drugstore purchases, they are:
-Mascara- Mascara has the shortest shelf life when it comes to all of your makeup. Some drugstore mascaras are amazing and are comparable to high end. My favorite brands for mascara is either L'Oreal or Maybelline. So many choices between volume, length, definition, curl. You choose whatever look you want and there is a mascara for you.
-Cream Shadows- Now I know that a lot of the high end brands do this product as well but I think one of the best cream shadows are the Maybelline Color Tattoos. There are many shades to choose from from pops of color to easy neutrals. (BTW why hasn't Maybelline released a matte line to the color tattoos?!) I love my MAC paint-pots but these Color Tattoos give MAC a run for their money.
-Highlighter- I love highlighting products. But do you really need to spend tons of money that just highlights your face? One of the oldest tricks in the books is to simply use a light shimmery or matte shade from a palette or an individual shadow and place it on the high points of your face. Don't go out and splurge on a powder or cream that can only be used for highlighting. Save the cash and just use the one in your palette!

Once again guys I wanted to point out that this is just to help those out who are confused as to what to spend money on. Of course if you love only shopping at the drugstore or love the department store then that's great! Do whatever you are happy with! I just wanted to create this post to help some of you out! Thank you so much & I will talk to you guys soon!

XO

V



Post a Comment