SOCIAL MEDIA

10.22.2012

Review: September Birchbox!



September was my 1st ever Birchbox & I have to say I have fallen in love with the whole system of Birchbox! It feels like a little mini Christmas each month! I wanted to tell you guys my opinion and review on my September Birchbox.

In the photo above, that was what I received & here they are listed below:

1. Beauty Fixation Makeup Remover: First off I have to say that the sample I got was a lot! I got a small container that had 24 of them! I have completely used up my sample of these because they are great! They are really amazing at removing all of my eye makeup and are good for getting eyeliner off.  However, I have tried the Almay makeup remover that is basically the same and is just as good. In the end, I will probably not repurchase them because I would rather just run to my CVS or Target and get the Almay ones right then and there.

2. Benefit foamingly facial cleanser and the refined finish facial polish: If you guys didn't know, I love Benefit & I was thrilled to see samples in my box. I actually was looking to purchase their facial cleanser because I have the It's Potent! eye cream which I love. When I tried the cleanser, it made my skin feel so soft and refreshed!  For the refined finish facial polish which is long story short, a facial scrub. This scrub wasn't too rough or scratchy and afterwards, my skin looked a little brighter and felt super soft! After I finish my current facial cleanser I am not sure if I will buy it but I know in the future to recommend the Benefit skincare line! (Also who can forget the adorable packaging of Benefit!) 

3. Dr. Jart BB Cream: I am in love with my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream & I was thrilled to see this in my box because I have been thinking about trying other BB creams. When I tried this product, my skin felt hydrated and super soft. However, compared to the Maybelline BB cream, Maybelline's has more coverage and is more water based. With the Dr. Jart, it felt really hydrating and went on super smooth. I still prefer the Maybelline BB Cream over this but it is still a great product for those girls who don't need as much coverage and or have dryer skin. 

4. Lara bar by Uber: I got the Banana Foster Bar and if you didn't see my September Birchbox video, well I literally ate the whole thing on camera! It was delicious and tasted like banana bread! This semester I have super long classes that require breaks, so instead of settling for vending machine food, I will bring these instead! Repurchase! They also have other flavors too which I am dying to try!

5. Twistband Hair tie: This hair tie is literally a stretchy fabric that holds your hair tight and wont create that wrinkle or bend shape in your hair after you take it out! I have worn this hair tie to class, work, and to bed and it holds my hair all day! I am fine with just one for now but they would make great gifts!

6. Color Club Nail polish in Insta this: I am not a huge nail polish person so I actually gave my sister the bottle because I knew I wouldn't get really any use out of it. My sister has worn it and says it is great! The color is a beautiful deep blue and she says that it doesn't chip easily as well. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this review! I am going to put up my October box up very soon on my channel and stay tuned for a review here soon! Love you guys <3

XO

V

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/basicbeauty88
Twitter & Instagram: @MissVictoria808  

Post a Comment